What is short term impounded car insurance?

Ring 0161 388 2552 for help and insurance quotes now!

Seized car

Get Impounded Car Insurance Quotes Now!

Short term impounded car insurance is a specialist policy designed for motorists whose cars which have been seized by the police and impounded, because they were suspected of driving it whilst uninsured. They are normally available for 30 days (the minimum period the police will accept).

There are very few insurers which will provide them.

How can I insure my seized car temporarily?

Just ring Alternative Insurance Brokers Ltd on 0161 388 2552 and you can talk to a friendly and experienced specialist who can search for the cheapest policy for you and give you advice on how to get your car back quickly.

Alternative Insurance brokers are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, who ensure that brokers act with honesty and integrity, in the best interests of their clients.

How long would it take to get a policy?

Once you have accepted a quote and paid for it with your credit card it takes between 15 minutes and half an hour for the policy to be set up. You are then sent a link to your policy by email. You could be covered from that point onwards.

car released from impound
I got my car back!

Could I collect my car the same day I bought a policy?

You could go to retrieve straight it away if the pound was still open, provided that you had the rest of the documentation to hand. See our page about how to get your car released from impound for more details. for more details.

Do I have to print the policy out?

No. Take your mobile phone with you when you go to collect the car and show the staff the link to your policy. This way they can check that it is genuine and they will probably insist on it because it is so easy to forge a printout of a downloaded policy.

What level of cover would I get?

Policies are third party only and last for 30 days.

Can I add more than one driver to the policy?

No, only the registered keeper of the car can be insured.

Are there any age restrictions on who can take out a policy?

These vary from one insurer to another but normally you would need to be over 21 and hold a licence to drive the car you wish to recover.

I am a learner. Can I still buy a policy?

Yes. When you collect the car you will need to have someone with you who is a full licence holder, and who is over 30 or who has at least 5 years' driving experience. You will have to drive home yourself and the car must display L plates. If you don't have any you may be able to buy some from the pound but best ring them to make sure - you will not be allowed to drive the car without them.

Click here for impounded car insurance quotes now!